Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies


September 12, 2011

I found this recipe online on the website Twopeasandtheirpod.com and I made some of the usual alterations. I subbed in apple sauce for butter, scaled down the sugar by about a third, and I only used half a cup of coconut.




I don't know if it is just me, but when you put together your list of ingredients for a recipe don't you usually put the ingredients in the same order as the operations? Like if the first step is to cream the butter (or applesauce in this case) and the sugars first, wouldn't you put them at the top of the ingredient list? no?


Maybe it's just me, but I thought that is how things usually go. Today was my first day off in almost three weeks, and I was very tired to say the least, so when I was putting the dry ingredients together and I almost put the sugar in too. Then I was like YIKES! What was I doing mixing the flour and baking powder before I creamed the sugar and apple sauce? I caught myself, but then I realized that the over-tiredness wasn't the ONLY thing to blame for the mix up: this recipe was wonky. 


The cookies turned out great, but I learned my lesson. You can never get too over confident in the kitchen because that's when things will go awry.


 To get this recipe go to http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/recipe-for-coconut-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/


Happy Tuesday, 
sp

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/13/2011

    I need real simple guidance if I ever cook, so I'm with you on this one! Although the best recipes I remember from my childhood, you just throw everything in together and mix it up. These turned out well though, no?

    www.styleonthecouch.com

    ReplyDelete