What's Playing Wednesday?


August 28, 2013



"Paperdoll" a track cleverly written in response to Taylor Swift's song "Dear John", (amazing no less), is from Mayer's most recent album "Paradise Valley". Just released last week the album is similar to his previous album Born and Raised. So obviously I'm kind of obsessed with this song, (I did choose to feature it for WWP) but not just because it is in reference to his little fling with Swift, but because I just like the manipulation of language and imagery he's created. OH! I also have to mention that I love that there is a little J-Lo reference thrown in there just for good measure.

As always I also find it very easy on the ears (as we've come to expect from John Mayer); the album in my opinion is worth a listen I'd give it a go blog reader!

Happy Wednesday!
Sincerely,
Short Presents

No comments:

Post a Comment