Perfect Red Lipstick


December 11, 2011

“There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.” - Audrey Hepburn




Nothing says the holidays like a little scandalous shade of red lipstick. I love a red lip for winter, it livens up any outfit, and not to mention highlights those pearly whites like no other. Just make sure to find the right shade for your skin tone. See this related post:
http://shortpresents.blogspot.com/2011/03/touch-of-lipcolor.html


I like this tutorial, but I would make one suggestion, make sure to apply a generous amount of powder around the lips before applying any colour, this will help prevent any bleeding. Simple pull lips together and in, as to not coat them in the powder, but only the surrounding area. 


I usually apply lipstick, and then blot, and then reapply to long wear lip colour.


I like the idea of putting on a gloss, but I would reserve that for evening, as I think it's bit too much for day time. Keep it matte for day, and gloss it up for night. Just my two sense :)


Remember confidence is your best accessory. Don't let the red lip colour wear you; wear the red lip colour with pride.
Happy Sunday,
sp

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/11/2011

    I also think the key to this look is conditioning your lips so the colour takes well and stays on for longer. I have a great lip conditioner from MAC that works a treat!

    www.styleonthecouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right. You need a great foundation before you can build anything on top of it :) great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This red is my all time favorite color. Because it looks so bold, beautiful, and sexy at the same time. Nice tips too. But i didn't understand why to apply powder before. And any good brand which will you recommend.

    ReplyDelete